cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: AW: Cocoon performance
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 08:29:55 GMT
> Hello,
>
> It could be because that xalan needs more time to process
> transformations. I am using cocoon to generate PDF files. I had a
> prototype with only one transformation (xml to xsl-fo) and then
> implemented an application with several transformations. The prototype
> gets ca. 300K bytes/s rate back whereas the application 30K bytes/s only
> in the same environment. I have tried to use xsltc and saxon.  I cannot
> get significant improvement with xsltc (cocoon2.11 and xalan 2.5.1). It
> seems better with saxon. But I have problems with one of transformations
> used.

Hi Jin:

If the problem is related to PDF generation. I think on the mail archives
try to find an old post about that. The mail describes some problems to
performance degradation while generating PDF. In that time the workaround
was turn off the logs that FOP generate.

Maybe this can helps you.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.