cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject Generating a FormValidatorAction descriptor
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:01:29 GMT
My website supports several thousand urls.  Each url has the same sitemap
but has a different look and feel. I believe all the forms handling can be
done with the FormValidatorAction however I want to generate the descriptor
so that it is unique to each url.  However, each website will be inheriting
default definitions so each website can't have a static copy of the entire
form.  Hopefully I have described the problem so that it is understandable.

I see three possible ways to implement this:
1. A generator combines all the parts and emits the descriptor. This is
referenced from the action via the cocoon source resolver.
2. Write my own source resolver.
3. Write an input module.

I'd also like to cache the document since it will be fairly static for the
web site once it is constructed.

I'd appreciate the pros and cons of each of these approaches as well as any
others.

Ralph Goers