cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: How to add cocoon in my web application?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:04:15 GMT
Unfortunately, the current philosophy of cocoon seems to be to force you to
add your webapp into cocoon's.

The approach I use is to build cocoon using only the blocks I want and to
not generate samples or documentation in the webapp.  We do our builds with
maven so we take all the jars that are in WEB-INF/lib and put them in the
maven repository and make sure they are dependencies of our project.  Then
instrumentation.xconf, cocoon.xconf, sitemap.xmap and logkit.xconf are
copied to our project directory.  cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap are then
hand edited to add our defintions (there are better ways to do this but we
haven't gotten to that yet).  Our web.xml includes much of cocoon's
definitions.

Maven then copies these parts to the appropriate places.

If you are using the cocoon jar in WEB-INF/lib you should be fine. I made
the mistake once of copy the classes in build/cocoon-{version}/classes to my
classes directory.  This doesn't work because cocoon.roles and other files
also reside in the classes directory.

Hope this helps.

Ralph