cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: html templates - best practise
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 15:02:21 GMT
I believe I am doing exactly what you are asking.  We use an html skeleton
that contains span tags wherever dynamic content is to go. We have a
pipeline that aggregates the html (converted to XHTML by the HTMLGenerator)
along with the XML form of our Data Transfer Objects as created by Betwixt.
This is then transformed by a stylesheet that imports the following
stylesheet. This stylesheet echos all the html until it finds a span tag. It
then uses the id to process the DTO using the stylesheet that imported this
one.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform <http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform>
">

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="/page/html"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/page/html">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/page/html//@*">
  <xsl:copy />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="/page/html//node()">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="name()='span'">
        <xsl:copy-of select="@*[not(name()='id')]"/>
        <xsl:variable name="actionName" select="@id"/>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="/page/*[name() = $actionName]"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />