cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gell, Ashley" <Ashley.G...@onetel.co.uk>
Subject RE: outputing parameters in XSP
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:28:40 GMT
I am using Cocoon 2.1.1

As illustrated by the sample pipeline below, I have a navigate action which
determines, among other things, the buttons to be displayed on the page.
The current page is passed into the navigate action, which is used to
determine and return the buttons parameter to the pipeline indicating which
buttons xsl to apply.

I now have a requirement that, depending on the result of a
'createService.xsp' (running <map:generate type="serverpages"
src="{../1}/xsp/{../2}.xsp"/>) different buttons to those returned by the
navigate action need to be displayed.  This could be achieved, I am hoping,
by the XSP over writing the 'buttons' parameter returned by the navigate
action by returning the 'buttons' parameter itself.

Any ideas?

<map:match pattern="*/*.xsp">
   <map:act type="xsp-action" src="{1}/xsp-action/navigate.xsp">
      <map:parameter name="currPage" value="{2}.xsp"/>

      <map:generate type="serverpages" src="{../1}/xsp/{../2}.xsp"/>
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="{../1}/style/{../2}.xsl"/>
      <map:transform type="xslt" src="common/style/{buttons}.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize/>

    </map:act>

    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="common/xsp/invalidpage.xsp"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="common/style/invalidpage.xsl"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="common/style/pagestyle.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>