cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Deepak Mehta <d...@deeeep.com>
Subject Re: Jboss 3.2.2RC problem with sitemap.xmap
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:30:13 GMT
Hi Kris,

two solutions:

1) Use Jonas (http://jonas.objectweb.org)... works there and it is a
more stable container. Ask Bernard (also works at Kava), he has some
nice experiences in hooking up Jonas-Tomcat-Cocoon... ;-)

2) JBoss uses a different XML Parser than Cocoon and thus there are
some problems there. The Wiki has a HOWTO on it I think:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossDeployment (now I am
sure).

3) Can also be a classloader problem
(http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg01959.html)...
Use Cocoon in paranoid mode, as I do on my
Jonas/Tomcat/Cocoon/MacOSX/Java1.4 setup...

In short, Cocoon is very nice, but can be a nightmare getting this nice
square peg to fit in the round holes already running in the companies.
But Jboss and Jonas should not be a problem, if you did stick to the
EJB specs, as that is the whole essense of the J2EE spec, you should be
able to switch appservers in a go.

If you need help, give me a call!

Regards
Deeeep

On Oct 09, 2003, at 10:58, Kris Van Echelpoel wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm developing a J2EE application with Jbuilder on Jboss (at the
> moment I'm
> testing the release candidates of the 3.2.2 version).Now I'm trying to
> add a
> webmodule using Cocoon 2.0.3. The problem has nothing to do with
> Jbuilder
> but with Jboss and the war-file of Cocoon.
>
> Everytime I try to call the root xml file of my war through my
> browser, I
> get following exception. This also happens when I use the most simple
> sitemap.xmap or the cocoon.war file delivered with the binary edition
> of
> cocoon 2.0.3. I think that Jboss just can't open the sitemap.xmap
> although
> Jboss says that there is a config error. I also get the config error
> with
> correct examples of the sitemap.xmap. Can somebody help me ? I have
> included
> all cocoon jars in the WEB-INF/lib of the war which deploys fine.
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException:
> Error in
> sitemap configuration : UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not
> find
> the component for hint:
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.configure(C:\jboss-3.2.2RC4\jboss
> -3.2.2RC
> 4\server\default\work\MainEngine\localhost\codispub\cocoon-files\org/
> apache/
> cocoon/www\sitemap_xmap.java:148)
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstan
> ce(De
> faultComponentFactory.java:185)
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initia
> lize(
> ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:98)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGe
> nerat
> or(GeneratorSelector.java:187)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.cr
> eateR
> esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:337)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.lo
> ad(Pr
> ogramGeneratorImpl.java:292)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:265)
> Caused by: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
> UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for
> hint:
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select
> (Exca
> liburComponentSelector.java:270)
> [...]
                            __                 |
                   _ww   _a+"D                 |
            y#,  _r^ # _*^  y`                 |
           q0 0 a"   W*`    F   ____           |
        ;  #^ Mw`  __`. .  4-~~^^`             |
       _  _P   ` /'^           `www=.          |
     , $  +F    `                q             | Deepak 'Deeeep' Mehta
     K ]                         ^K`           | <deep@deeeep.com>
   , #_                . ___ r    ],           | http://www.deeeep.com/
   _*.^            '.__dP^^~#,  ,_ *,          | GSM: +32-475-612620