cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Re: ESQL problem
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:17:46 GMT
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:24:46AM -0500, Christopher Painter-Wakefield wrote:

> Your code looks correct to me, I can't imagine why there'd be a problem.
> I've never used (or even heard of) a pervasive database, but if you can
Lucky you :)

> write JDBC code that works against it, it ought to work in ESQL.
>
> Is your pool set up correctly?  Do you log in with the same user as in your
> separate JDBC test?  Can you tell from the generated java source if it is
> following the same steps you do in your own JDBC?
The pool is setup correctly as other queries work fine ( those without polish
letters). My Java sample is quite the same as generated source ( cannot be
fully 1:1 as JDBC in generated code is wrapped with ESQL)

> If you put code in an <esql:no-results> block after the <esql:results>
> block, does that execute?
Yes it does, just for some reason the database does not get the query in the
same format/encoding/whatsoever as pure JDBC version sends

> Just out of curiosity, what does the
> <esql:use-limit-clause>pervasive</esql:use-limit-clause> line do?
It's a way to denote explicitly that PervasiveEsqlQuery class should be used
to handle queries.

regards
	lg
--