cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika Fonsen <mfon...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to pass parameters to mod-db actions from sitemap?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:15:08 GMT
Question: What's the best way to pass parameters from
sitemap to mod-db-action? Could output modules be used
to do this?

Case (simplest I could think of): I need to mark a
database row locked when a user in a multi-user
environment wants to edit contents of this row. When
user requests an edit form, I'm trying to pass
something like status=locked and the opposite after
user finally submits changes. If user aborts editing,
row should be unlocked (status=unlocked).
Sitemap-pseudo-code:

- match form
  mod-db-status = lock
  show form
- match submit
  make changes
  mod-db-status = unlock
- match cancel
  mod-db-status = unlock

I guess I could use some tricks in the descriptor file
to access the request data, but I prefer using sitemap
whan I need to change site behaviour easily.

*

This is my first post to this list. I would like to
thank the community for this great project and the
GetTogether event this month (the organizers
especially).

--
Mika FonsÚn * http://iki.fi/mf