cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gianluca Sartori <g.sart...@elis.org>
Subject Trouble connecting to MS SQL Server
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:15:19 GMT
Hi,

	I have two problems in trying to connect to a MS SQL Server. The first
is a configuration problem:

I configured cocoon.xconf modifing the existing "hb_pool" connection as
follow:

   <jdbc name="hb_pool">
     <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
     <dburl>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://sql.elis.org:1433</dburl>
     <user>DatabaseUser</user>
     <password>[passwd]</password>
   </jdbc>

the xsp from which i use the connection is (the incriminated part only):

<esql:connection>
       <esql:pool>hb_pool</esql:pool>

With this configuration the connection works (okay, it gives me an
exception, but it's SQL Server talking). Trying to modify the jdbc name
in both files, cocoon gives me the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not
get the datasource
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: datasources:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint [hb_pool] (key
[hb_pool])

Now, why is it still concerning about "hb_pool" while the connection
name I used is different? Are there any other referencies somewhere I
don't know to this name?

The second problem is the exception returned by the SQL Server. Leaving
the "hb_pool" name as it is and using it in the <esql:connection> i get
this message (and only this, the rest of the page is blank):

Cocoon  [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Invalid
object name 'srv_trans'.

What's it? I never mentioned "srv_trans" in the query I'm trying to
execute.

Thanks for any kind of help,
Gianluca