cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: woody block: help tag <wi:help>
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:14:05 GMT
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 07:23, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Carlos Chávez dijo:
> >
> >   Hi to all,
> >
> >   i'm try use the tag <wi:help> my template file is:
> >
> >   <wt:form-template action="#{$continuation/id}.continue" method="POST">
> >     <wt:widget-label id="vendedor_nombre"/>
> >     <wt:widget id="vendedor_nombre">
> >        <wi:help>Escriba el nombre del vendedor.</wi:help>
> >     </wt:widget>
> >     <input type="submit"/>
> >   </wt:form-template>
> >
> >   i'm use the stylesheet "woody-field-styling.xsl", but in the html
> > output put title="" in de "input" tag,
> >
> >   what i'm doing wrong?
>
> Hi Carlos:
>
> You are not doing nothing wrong. The <wi:help> exists as part of the woody
> specification.

Huh? wi:help doesn't exist -- or at least not yet. It has been
discussed, but nothing concrete has come out of it yet.

>  The idea behind the tag is to allow some help related to
> the widget. The samples does not render the tag, because the user decides
> to render it or not.

Yes and no.

yes, because indeed the contents of the wt:widget element in the
template will be copied into the wi:styling element after the
woodytransformer and can then be used in the XSL. BTW, this behaviour is
outdated and support for it will be dropped in the future. You now need
to explicitely use the wi:styling element in the template (the older way
is still supported for backwards compatibility, but that will be removed
once docs have been updated).

no, because inside wi:styling, you use whatever markup you want, but not
the wi namespace. The wi namespace is reserved for Woody itself,
inventing your own tags and putting them into that namespace is wrong.

Once wi:help will be implemented, it will be a sibling of wi:styling,
and it will also be definable inside the form definition, just as
wi:label.

In the meantime, you can use something like this inside wt:widget:

<wi:styling>
  <help>abc</help>
</wi:styling>

and adjust the stylesheets to do something with the help tag.