cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: woody block: assert validation not work
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:23:57 GMT
On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 11:47, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Bruno Dumon dijo:
> > However, for what you are trying to do here, I'd suggest using the
> > "range" validation rule.
>
> Hi Bruno:
>
> Carlos and I work together.

I suspected something like this ;-)

Welcome on board, Carlos!

>  This is his first post to the list, but he is
> working with Cocoon 3 or 4 months. We are aware that range is better for
> that purpose, but this is just a test.

Yes of course, I also wanted to know what's wrong.

>  Carlos helps me in the integer
> datatype I posted yesterday.
>
> Interesting enough is that the assert validator in woody is not working
> for us. I think  maybe it is broken.

Now that I think of it, this probably has to do with Sylvain's change of
doing the validation as part of the getValue() call, which is also done
in the validation rule itself to retrieve the value of the widget, so
it's going to do that recursively and finally give a StackOverflowError.
The same can also occur if two different widgets reference each other in
their validation rules. We'll have to see what to do about this, but I
don't have time right now to think about it.