cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Collin VanDyck" <col...@hannonhill.com>
Subject i18n resource catalogs are being cached
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:24:19 GMT
Hey :)

I'm seeing the caching of my i18n catalogs occur with Cocoon 2.0.  I declare
my xformer as:

<map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
    <catalogue-name>messages</catalogue-name>
    <catalogue-location>../common/translations</catalogue-location>
    <untranslated-text>[not yet translated]</untranslated-text>
    <cache-at-startup>false</cache-at-startup>
</map:transformer>

And then I invoke it like this:

<map:match pattern="generateXSP/**">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="{1}"/>
    <map:transform type="i18n">
        <map:parameter name="locale" value="en"/>
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

I thought that specifying false for the cache-at-startup would fix this
behavior (i need it not to cache for development purposes), but apparently
it does cache, but only as resources that are not already cached are
requested.

Any help -- greatly appreciated.  Thanks :)

Collin