cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject Images Sizes
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:47:05 GMT
I'm using the svg2jpeg serializer to create all the buttons for my menu.
These images are simply rectangles with centered text in the middle (I'm
using images so I can use any font I choose without relying on the fonts
on the end-user's machine).

This image is 118x20 - nothing to it really...
<rect x="0" y="0" width="118" height="18"
style="fill:rgb(230,230,230)"/>
<text x="59px" y="13px"
style="text-anchor:middle;fill:rgb(92,136,150);font-size:10;font-family:
Century Gothic Bold;">Home</text>

That's it - but when this image is built its over 1K in size.  That
seems a little large for such a simple image.  Anyone have any
suggestions on how I can get these to be smaller images?  (the company I
work for only has a 768Kbps upstream so I dont want too much traffic
just for simple images)

Thanks,

- Brent