cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Zohner" <stephanie.zoh...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Installation problems with Cocoon 2.1.M3 Tomcat 4.1.27 J2SDK 1.4.2
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:14:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <jheinicke@virbus.de>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: Installation problems with Cocoon 2.1.M3 Tomcat 4.1.27 J2SDK
1.4.2

> Stephanie Zohner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried in vain to install Cocoon. When I try to open the Cocoon welcome
> > page I get an empty page.
> > The Tomcat log shows the following stack trace:

> > ----- Root Cause -----
> >
> > java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class
> > org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.sax2dtm.SAX2DTM2$AncestorIterator cannot access
its
> > superclass
> > org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMDefaultBaseIterators$InternalAxisIteratorBase

> > My environment is:
> >
> > Windows XP
> > J2SDK 4.1.2
> > Tomcat 4.1.27
> > Cocoon 2.1. M3
> >
> > I copied the xml libs in the common/endorsed directory of my tomcat
> > installation.
>
> Anything must be gone wrong with it. Your error is exactly the one at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem.
>
> I suggest you to update your Cocoon version to 2.1.2, take the XML libs
from
> its lib/endorsed directory and place them in TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed.
>
> Does it work this time?
>
> Joerg
>
> --
> System Development
> VIRBUS AG
> Fon  +49(0)341-979-7419
> Fax  +49(0)341-979-7409
> joerg.heinicke@virbus.de
> www.virbus.de

Thanks for your hints, I followed them but still it does not work, with
Cocoon 2.1.2 I can't even start Tomcat without errors.
I get a long list of Errors (to long to see them all in the Command Line)
including fielNotFoundException when trying to parse RDF files.
If anybody has any ideas. Please tell,

Thanks,

Stephanie