cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Huttar" <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject RE: problem with relative URI in document() in XSLT in Cocoon
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:18:20 GMT
J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Lars Huttar wrote:
> > So how could the Cocoon source resolver's processing of the
> > stylesheet's base URL have caused the problem?
>
> Well, I'd wage guessing the Cocoon source resolver resolves against
> the requested URL.

Can anyone point me to documentation about how Cocoon resolves URIs?
I don't understand what it would mean to resolve a relative URI
with a given base URI (that of the stylesheet, which I would think
would be absolute URI) against a request URI.

> > There shouldn't be a problem with caching in this case, because
> > the referenced xml document is static.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, however,changing documents referenced
> via document() wont invalidate the cached pipeline result, which
> is a real problem in most cases.

What I'm saying is that the referenced XML document is static, i.e.
will not change.
Or seldom enough that if it does, we can restart the servlet.
So this shouldn't be a problem.

Lars