cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lars Huttar" <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject RE: comments on cocoon docs: installing/updating page
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 01:54:42 GMT
Hello Joerg,
Thanks for your responsiveness.

> > 2) The same recommendation would be a good one for the sitemap:
> > don't try to upgrade your old one; instead start with the new
> > one. Why? There are many changes necessary to upgrading,
> > beyond those listed in this document. I had to debug "internal
> > server errors" in the sitemap one after another, and finally
> > gave up and started from the clean 2.1.2 sitemap.
>
> There shouldn't be many changes necessary, can you tell us
> which one you needed additionally to the mentioned changes? If there are
> really many changes I will add a comment about starting from V2.1 too.

I also had to remove <map:transformer name="xt" ... />
and <map:action ... name="lang-select" ... />
and change
   <map:selector name="auth-media" src="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.
selection.MediaSelector"/>
   to <map:selector name="session-media" src="org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.
selection.MediaSelector"/>
(each of them gave me a classNotFound error, so I modified them following the
new sitemap.xmap).

I also had to replace the <map:handle-errors> element's contents with the
ones found in the new sitemap.xmap. This was because the old handle-errors,
    <map:handle-errors>
      <map:transform src="stylesheets/system/error2html.xsl"/>
      <map:serialize status-code="500"/>
    </map:handle-errors>
caused some kind of error about it not being valid.

And I had to add in the "exception" selector (<map:selector...name="exception"> ...)
and the
"notifying" generator (these were both used by the handle-errors
element contents). (These changes probably wouldn't have been necessary
if I'd known how to fix the old handle-errors without copying in the fancy
new handle-errors.)

Then I ran into more errors ("Lookup of transformer for role 'xslt' failed."
... more details below if you want them), and at that point I gave up
and started over with the new 2.1.2 sitemap.

Hope this helps,
Lars



Message: Lookup of transformer for role 'xslt' failed.

Description: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Lookup of transformer for role 'xslt'
failed.:
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: transformers: ComponentSelector
could not
access the Component for hint [xslt] (key [xslt])

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

Request URI

cause

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: Could not find component (key
[org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessor/xalan]
)

request-uri

/cocoon/


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@cocoon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@cocoon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message