cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Huttar" <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject RE: Crusading for the XSLT document() function
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:28:51 GMT
> From: Bruno Dumon
> However, in your case you don't need caching, which you can
> easily work
> around with by putting the pipeline inside a <map:pipeline> with an
> attribute type="noncaching".

Thanks, I will try that.

> > OK.
> > I guess I should submit a bug report to bugzilla. (That's
> all I can do.)
>
> there is/was already one, but it was then closed an moved as a feature
> request to a wiki page:
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonFeatureRequests

I saw this one, which says

#  Modify the caching system so that it is possible to:

    * include docs referenced by XSLT's document() in the cache validity (bugzilla 10203)

But I don't think that covers the problem I'm referring to...
please correct me if I'm wrong.
This "feature request" sounds like it's asking for Cocoon to keep
track of whether the document accessed by document() from a stylesheet
has been modified; the only problem this feature is intended to solve,
if I understand it, is that a certain request might return old data
when the referenced document has been changed.

The problem I'm referring to is one where document() doesn't find
the requested document in the first place, due to faulty URI-resolution.

Anyway I submitted bug report 23939 before I saw your latest email.
I hope it can be distinguished from the above feature request.

Lars