cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Conal Tuohy <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: html templates - best practise
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2003 07:40:26 GMT
See also http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=MetaStylesheets

In this technique, an html template containing some kind of markup for
dynamic layout is transformed into a stylesheet which is then applied to a
content document. Then you can have a template like this which can function
as a kind of "skin" for "underlying" html documents:

	<head>
		<title>My Website - {/html/head/title}</title>

and transform the string containing {/html/head/title} into an <xsl:value-of
select="/html/head/title"/> statement. With a few custom attributes in the
HTML you can markup repetition and conditional. e.g. to produce a list of
the heading 1 elements:

<ul>
	<li blah:for-each="/html/body//h1">{.}</li>
</ul>

Cheers

Con