cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "JACOB, ERIC" <eric.ja...@bell.ca>
Subject RE: RE : Skins in the new Portal Engine
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:57:58 GMT
Thanks for the reply, but I think my question was not clear enough, so I'll
ask it again differently.

I looked to the XSL files in the portal demo and I was surprised by the use
of TABLE tags for the layout. I want to use DIV tags with CSS to control the
style of my hypertext document. In addition, I want a mechanism that allows
the user to change the skin (in my case the CSS file). I'm wondering how I
can achieve that within the new Portal Engine. Can I use the global variable
to specify the CSS using this variable in my unique portal-page.xsl for
example?
           <map:global-variables>
                 <skin>008.css<skin>
           </map:global-variables>

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Trillaud [mailto:ltrillaud@jouve.fr]
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 4:05 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org; eric.jacob@bell.ca
Subject: RE : Skins in the new Portal Engine

Well, if I understand you have only 1 static page that is render by
multiple CSSs.
IMO a portal is not very useful for you, but any way.
You can create a new skin.
1. Put your CSS as usual in skins/MySkin/css,
2. Edit the skins/MySkin/styles/portal-page.xsl to put your single XSL
file. You can ignore other XSLs files. And don't call any other
<xsl:apply-templates/> that are useful to render menu, coplet and so on.
3. If you don't want login, put a pass-through XSL in
skins/MySkin/styles/login-html.xsl
It should work!
Laurent Trillaud