cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Richard Light <rich...@light.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [HELP]Unable to get transformer handler for docs/task.xsl
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:24:43 GMT
In message <3F57042B.3090500@xrce.xerox.com>, Kamal El Rhatrif
<Kamal.El-Rhatrif@xrce.xerox.com> writes
>hi,
>I'm using cocoon-2.1rc1 on  unix (solaris 7).
>I have some trouble using the SourceWritingTransformer to update my files.

Can you provide details of the problems you've been having?

As it happens, I've just been using SourceWritingTransformer's
<source:insert> command to update Topic Maps.  However, the lack of
namespace support means that I've had to "dumb down" my TM files by
removing all their namespace prefixes.

Also, while <source:insert> works fine for inserting new topics and
associations, there is no corresponding command for selectively pruning
a document.  It would be good if <source:delete> could use the
<source:path> parameter as an instruction to selectively delete the node
set specified by the path expression from the document.

>I want to know how does cocoon manage concurrent modifications.

The docs explicitly warn that concurrent mods are uncharted territory.

Richard Light
--
Richard Light
SGML/XML and Museum Information Consultancy