cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Accessing FormValidatorAction parameters in the sitemap
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:36:53 GMT
Working with Cocoon 2.0.4  and JDK 1.3...

I am trying to get the value of parameters used in
a FormValidatorAction, to pass as new parameters
further on in the sitemap.

According to the Cocoon API docs, if I have :

 <map:act type="form-validator">
         <parameter name="descriptor" value="context://descriptor.xml">
         <parameter name="validate" value="username,password">
 </map:act>

then:

"This action returns null when validation fails, otherwise it provides
all validated parameters to the sitemap via {name} expression."

This means, from what I understand of this API, that I should
be able to have:

  <map:match pattern="test/*">
    <map:generate  type="file" src="test/{1}.xml" />
    <map:transform src="styles/page2html.xsl">
      <map:parameter name="username" value="{username}" />
    </map:transform>
    <map:serialize />
  </map:match>

and expect to access the value of 'username' as parameter
in the page2html.xsl transform - however, I always get a null value
returned even when the validation is successful - is the above
syntax incorrect?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.