cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Portal: HELP NEEDED!
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:07:06 GMT
> Unfortunately my portal administration tools doesn't work anymore
> because I need to adapt them to my LDAP authentification.
>
> Is there a way to do this by hand without these tools?

Yes you can edit the profile files by hand. They are normal xml files.
Remember though that the portal profiles have a hierarchial structure. So a
user profile (called: userprofile-xxx.xml) inherits from a role profile
(called roleprofile-xxx.xml) which in turn inherits from the
globalprofile.xml. You will need to take a look at these files carefully
before patching in your coplet.

Also make sure you read this:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/portal.html

It is a lot easier with the tools :).