cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Francis Vermeulen" <fvermeu...@ezgov.com>
Subject RE: Flowscript problem?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:33:06 GMT
Christopher,

thanks for the explanation: what you describe is exactly what I'm seeing.
However, whether this is the desired behaviour, I'm not sure. If I want the
flow script to handle the browser back button transparently, I'd expect my
script state to be restored exactly the way it was when that page was
originally submitted, including the stack which includes the local
variables. This is also how it is described in the flow script documentation
btw. The net result of the way it behaves now is that when I go back to an
earlier page, the script doesn't behave as it should since its local
variables are not correctly restored.

Regards,
Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Oliver [mailto:res1cf5x@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 5:45 AM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Cc: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flowscript problem?

Reinhard,

Try your calculator example again:

This time enter values for both "a" and "b". Then clone the window, hit
the back button and enter a new value for "b". Return to the first
window and submit it. You should see the new value of "b" you set in the
second window. This is the expected behavior.

I believe the reason your example did not work is that the page where
you submit "a" does not involve an existing continuation (it calls the
top-level "calculator" function).

Regards,

Chris