cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tim Olson <...@myadguys.com>
Subject RE: [Help] Downloading file into local Disk
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 00:36:55 GMT
changing the mime type of the download helps, but w3c says that it's up to
the user-agent whether to display the document or save it.  in other words,
you can't control this behavior 100%.

for example, if you send an unknown mime type to IE, then a save dialog will
appear the first time.  however, if the user hits the URL again, the file is
in IE's cache, and IE recognizes the extension on the file, then IE will
display it and not give a save dialog.