cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tim Olson <...@myadguys.com>
Subject RE: EJB + Cocoon, "Best Practices"
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:21:26 GMT
to get EJBs into cocoon, we have a custom Action / Generator pair.  the
action can be configured to make any EJB call (uses reflection) and stuff
the results into a HashMap.  the custom generator then sends that hashmap
through Castor to generate SAX events.  it's very nice, since we can turn
any series of ejb calls into XML data with just a few lines of sitemap code.
note: remote interfaces are tricky to castorize so use the value object (aka
data transfer object) pattern.

we eschewed flow scripts and wrote our own action engine, but i should post
separately about that.