cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <Jorg.Heym...@12snap.com>
Subject RE: thread safety of cocoon
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:34:35 GMT
Ok everything clear now ..
Thanks for clarifying this :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Upayavira [mailto:uv@upaya.co.uk]
Sent: Montag, 1. September 2003 16:28
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: thread safety of cocoon

Jorg Heymans wrote:

>When you say a new component then you mean new class right?
>I don't want the class it to be accessed by more than 1 thread at the same
>time, are you saying this is the default behaviour?

If you extend org.apache.cocoon.transformation.Transformer (etc), you
are creating an Avalon component. How that component is handled depends
upon the interfaces that it implements. As Konstantin mentioned, there's
Poolable and ThreadSafe. If you do not implement any of these, a new
component will be created for each request. If you implement ThreadSafe,
your component will be reused.

So, by default, a component will not be shared between more than one thread.

Regards, Upayavira