cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hugh Field-Richards <h.field-richa...@eris.qinetiq.com>
Subject Value substitution within auth-protect
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:36:34 GMT
Hi

I have a pipeline match fragment -

       <map:match pattern="admin-*-*.html">
          <map:act type="auth-protect">
             <map:parameter name="handler" value="adminHandler"/>
             <map:parameter name="application" value="adminApp"/>

             <map:generate src="content/admin-{1}-{2}.xml" />
          </map:act>
      </map:match>

which does not perform the value substitution. If I change it

       <map:match pattern="admin-*-*.html">
          <map:generate src="content/admin-{1}-{2}.xml" />
          <map:act type="auth-protect">
             <map:parameter name="handler" value="adminHandler"/>
             <map:parameter name="application" value="adminApp"/>

          </map:act>
      </map:match>

so that the generate is outside the action it seems to work. I have
searched the docs but nothing is obvious there. The only thing I can
think of is that there is a change of context which destroys/ignores
the wildcard values. Is there a way around this? I guess having the
generator outside the authentication is an unnecessary overhead
affecting performance when checking for the first time.

With thanks

Hugh F-R

Dr Hugh S. Field-Richards
Principle Scientist
QinetiQ, St Andrew's Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK
Tel: ++1684 895075   Fax: ++1684 896113
Email: h.field-richards@eris.qinetiq.com

The views expressed above area are entirely those of the writer and
do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any other
person or official body.