cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: Portal: HELP NEEDED!
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:10:25 GMT
Hello Matthew,

>It is a lot easier with the tools :).
Yes sure but at the moment I have not the time to modify the tools because the portal have
to work for a demo.

How do you clear the profile cache by hand?

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Sylvain

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Matthew Langham [mailto:mlangham@s-und-n.de]
Date: mardi, 9. septembre 2003 16:07
À: users@cocoon.apache.org
Objet: RE: Portal: HELP NEEDED!

> Unfortunately my portal administration tools doesn't work anymore
> because I need to adapt them to my LDAP authentification.
>
> Is there a way to do this by hand without these tools?

Yes you can edit the profile files by hand. They are normal xml files.
Remember though that the portal profiles have a hierarchial structure. So a
user profile (called: userprofile-xxx.xml) inherits from a role profile
(called roleprofile-xxx.xml) which in turn inherits from the
globalprofile.xml. You will need to take a look at these files carefully
before patching in your coplet.

Also make sure you read this:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/webapps/portal.html

It is a lot easier with the tools :).