cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: implementing blobserializer
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:38:35 GMT
I see :) , or rather :(

ok, imagine you're using the cocoon generate-transform-serializer
paradigm to generate and transform *binary* content, that's right not
XML but binary, using the XML as some sort of control-language to steer
how the different binary transformations are done. Then it would make
perfect sense only to be able to determine the mimetype all the way at
the end of the pipeline  (think image transformations for example)..
hence my question..
So I can't setup a pipeline with flow, selectors or matchers if i don't
know until the very last moment in the pipeline which type of content
i've been handed by the last step in the pipeline

Surely cocoon does not send anything to the browser before the whole
pipeline is finished anyway.. Is this patcheable then? Has anyone
thought about this apart from
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=105820669312803&w=2

Jorg