cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Building cocoon: where are block descriptions?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:40:00 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Geoff Howard wrote:
>
>> Werner Guttmann wrote:
>>
>>> And where could one possibly maybe find a complete description ?
>>>
>>> Werner
>>
>> Obviously its still a work in progress - if such a document existed
>> you would have found it by now or we would have sent you to it.  I'd
>> suggest reviewing the samples for each block and if you are so
>> inclined, add some better description to the wiki page so that others
>> can benefit from your work.
>
> Yep, that's as far as I got, and the blocks change often.  Would a
> complete component listing be useful?  Or are the "blurbs" good enough?

Personally, I think a blurb is what's needed.  Each block should be
developing/have its own documentation, samples, javadoc etc which can
give the full picture where needed.  But an overview for the "what can I
include/exclude" decision would be great.  A blurb is also less likely
to be outdated as the block develops.

Thanks for the work you did on this so far, Tony -- it's much better
than what we used to have!

Geoff