cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Forms + XUL (Was: Re: EJB + Cocoon, "Best Practices")
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:42:17 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> Yep, I was very impressed by that you showed me. It's also the first
>> business application that uses XUL. So the work of your company could
>> encourage many people using XUL - in the future XUL is an equivalent
>> possibility how to create the UI.
>

> Hrmm... this makes me wonder if there's any sort of cool way that we
> can connect something like Woody and XUL for really cool forms.
> Imagine a formerly multi-page form that is sent to the client in one
> shot, and appears as a tabbed set of widgets.... hmmm  *gears turning*

You should check out the Woody samples ("Various" and "Flowscript"
pages) in the latest CVS : it includes tabbed forms, switching panels
with a popup to select the panel, etc. It's based on some high-level
grouping tags that automatically produce the needed HTML, CSS and
JavaScript stuff.

I also added yesterday server-side event handling features, and the
ability for a widget to trigger form submit. Checkout the carselector
sample (updated a few minutes ago) that demonstrates this, and also the
number panel in the "Various" page.

It certainly doesn't provide the same user experience as Joerg's
impressive XUL application but, well... works on any browser ;-)

Of course, we could also have stylesheets producing XUL for Woody forms.
Any taker ?

Enjoy,
Sylvain