cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Does anyone have javascript working in an xsp page?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:42:42 GMT
Darach Cawley wrote:
> Hi again,
> Thanks for your help guys but I've another question!  How can you add
> javascript code into an xslt?
> Are there tags like CDATA that you use?

You put it in like every other literal text elements inside literal html
tags.  The only thing you need to think about is special character
handling ( ampersand must be &amp; in your style sheet).  Yes, you can
use <![CDATA[ ... ]]> to simplify that.

Still, the advice you got about putting your script in a .js file
included with src= is good a lot of the time, but not necessary.

I take it you're new to xml/xslt?  May I suggest that you check out the
mulberry tech list (http://www.mulberrytech.com) for those basic
questions.  You'll get better answers there because it's on topic.
Cocoon uses xml/xslt of course but it's not relevant here and your
questions might get ignored as noise.

Geoff