cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: JSP in C2.1.1
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:01:58 GMT
Christoph Strehl wrote:

> Where do I get the patch you wrote for the JSP stuff in C2.1 / C2.0 ? Or is
> it already implemented in the current Cocoon-distributions? If so I wonder
> why I cant get those samples to work with the latest distributions.

It's already in the 2.1 release
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/jsp/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/JspGenerator.java).

Cocoon 2.0 hasn't been released since the commit.

> About <jsp:include /> and <jsp:forward /> : Unfortunately my understanding
> of Cocoon and Tomcat is far too little to give it an attempt to fix it but I
> wonder if the bunch of details given in the thread you mentioned (
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105967319200003 ) wouldn't be enough for
> someone with the knowledge to fix it within short time? I am just curious
> that Cocoon's implementation of such a sophisticated technology (JSP) is
> pretty weak and almost none cares about it.

The JSP stuff is more or less only for legacy support. I guess the most
programmer either start a project already with Cocoon or make the change
to Cocoon abruptly by replacing the JSP by XSP or some of the other
provided technologies. JSP in combination with Cocoon seems indeed not
to be very common.

Joerg