cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Re: Store Soap results in Session variables
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:00:45 GMT
It's not possible with XSP, because they can only be used on the
generator stage. Actions are also not possible, because they are
executed before pipeline execution. You have to do the storing after
SOAP, so a transformer is the only possibility.

For writing your own transformer take a simple transformer like the log
transformer as starting base.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/transformers.html
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Transformer
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/developing/extending.html#When+to+write+a+Transformer
and especially
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ImplementingTransformers

I hope the resources can at least help a bit.

The shortage of Cocoon of handling SOAP was already mentioned on the dev
list short time ago
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&w=2&r=1&s=soap&q=b).
Especially if you want to do different things in the pipeline depending
on the SOAP results.

Joerg