cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Castor-related exception with today's (9/18/03) CVS extract
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:41:32 GMT
jcplerm wrote:

> I just extracted "cocoon-2.1" from CVS and below is the exception that I
> am getting when trying to access any of my cocoon pages.
>
> I simply copied the build\WEB-INF\lib\*jar files over to my development
> environment after running build.bat.
>
> Should I copy some other jar from elsewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jlerm
>
> ------------------------
>
> ERROR   (2003-09-18) 14:40.56:593   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
> Unknown-thread/ExcaliburComponentManager: Could not get class
> org.apache.cocoon.components.persistance.CastorSourceConverter for role

Don't know anything about this specific issue, but it looks like this is
resulting from your upgrade process.  If all you did was copy jar files
over to a previous cocoon version, you're likely to have components
declared in cocoon.xconf which no longer appear in the jars.  You need
to build\WEB-INF\cocoon.conf at the very least.  If you have your own
modifications to it, you'll need to fold those into the new one.

This is the reason the custom conf target exists by the way.  Check out
the wiki for XPatchTaskUsage and the custom conf description linked from
there.

Geoff