cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Finding DTD when aggregating content using XSL (resolved
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:24:58 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> The use of document() in Cocoon is not recommended because it is
> difficult for Cocoon to 'intercept' these functions.

Cocoon successfully intercepts document() calls and redirects them
to a Cocoon source, using the JAXP URIResolver mechanism. This means
ocoon catalog resolving and even cocoon: scheme URLs work (I tried
the latter). The problems with this were, at least in 2.0.5:
- Document() sources weren't accounted for caching of the pipeline
   result, which means you get old results even if content pulled
   via document() changed.
- Using Saxon as XSLT processor tended to result in NPEs, perhaps
   because of some intereference between the EntityResolver and the
   URL resolver, resulting in early disposal of the Cocoon source.
There were discussions about fixing the first problem in 2.1, I
havn't tested it though.

> However, XSLT
> transformers will bypass Cocoon's mechanisms and go direct to the system
> to resolve resources when using document().

Ah, not quite.

J.Pietschmann