cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [ANN] Lantern 1.0
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 02:50:58 GMT
Hi cocooners!

Since XPath is a key technology in Cocoon. I think many of us will welcome
this tool.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

-------- Mensaje Original --------
Asunto: [xsl] ANN: Lantern 1.0
Fecha: Jue, 25 de Septiembre de 2003, 6:51

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce Lantern 1.0 [1].
Lantern is an OpenSource software which allows users to load XML
documents  and then test XPath [2] expressions and functions.

The features of Lantern comply to the following:
 - to be a simple and lightweight software which does nothing but XPath
testing; - to produce an immediate graphical result (selected nodes and
context node are highlighted); - to be namespaces aware;
 - to allow the user to set a context node, thus to test expressions
related to this node; - to embed a short documentation about XPath;
 - to allow the user to test XPath functions easily;
 - to display the XML document in the same format as it is stored in the
file (ie: not as an ugly tree widget); - to be available as an open
source, platform independent software.

Lantern addresses :
 - XPath and XSLT developers who would like to find the right XPath
expression without
   developing test cases,
 - trainers who wish to illustrate their course with a graphical tool.

Enjoy!

[1] http://lantern.sourceforge.net
[2] http://w3.org/TR/xpath

--