cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "dbenoff@covad.net" <dben...@covad.net>
Subject Newbie: Transformer chaining?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:42:23 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying (without much luck), to implement a simple 2-step
transformation.  The first step to provide the XSLT transformation, the
second is to look for empty table cells (<td></td>) and insert a space in
them.  Can any experienced Cocoon'ers explain how to do this?

Here's my sitemap setup:
    <map:match pattern="*.dox">
        <map:generate type="request" src="{1}" root-element="{1}"/>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="{1}.xsl" />
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="tablefix.xsl" />
        <map:serialize type="html" />
    </map:match>

And here's the snippet I'm trying to use to do the table fix (which just
gives me a concatenated string of all element values):

<xsl:template match="td">
        <xsl:choose>
            <!-- If cell has child nodes or contains text then output them
-->
            <xsl:when test="* or normalize-space()">
                <xsl:apply-templates/>
            </xsl:when>
            <!-- Otherwise the cell is empty and we output a non-breaking
space -->
            <xsl:otherwise>
                <xsl:text>&#160;</xsl:text>
            </xsl:otherwise>