cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "blick@fmi.uni-passau.de" <bl...@fmi.uni-passau.de>
Subject Re: different upload-dirs for different applications
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:06:41 GMT

returning a bit of help perhaps: i could not solve the problem by myself
because:

[1] dummy thing: i supposed that the HTML-FORM-ACTION "upload" was a
standarized thing i should not change. i was wrong of course.

[2] harder: i supposed -- since all examples i found did that -- that the
generator "request" was necessary in some way. so i did not dare to remove
that.

perhaps those two points could be mentioned in the wiki..

thanks a lot!

peter

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Geoff Howard cocoon@leverageweb.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 07:45:26 -0400
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: different upload-dirs for different applications

blick@fmi.uni-passau.de wrote:
> first -- pleast excuse my bad quoting. mail2web does not support better.
:(

>   <map:match pattern="uploadFileFromUser">
>     <map:act type="upload-files"/>
>     <map:generate type="request">
>     <map:read src="new-samples/success.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
>     </map:generate>
>   </map:match>

This pipeline is not valid.
1) You either use a reader or generator-[transformer*]-serializer but
not both.  That's probably why you get the error about no pipeline
matching -- it means no valid pipeline.  So:

    <map:match pattern="uploadFileFromUser">
      <map:act type="upload-files"/>
      <map:read src="new-samples/success.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
    </map:match>

is a step better.  But:

2) Your pipeline will send success.html whether upload-files action
succeeds or not.  So:

    <map:match pattern="uploadFileFromUser">
      <map:act type="upload-files">
        <map:read src="new-samples/success.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
      </map:act>
      <map:read src="new-samples/failure.html" mime-type="text/html"/>
    </map:match>

Is probably better.

You of course have to create a failure.html.  Remember: if an action
returns any Map (even an empty one) this tells the sitemap to execute
the nested pipeline fragments if any.  If a complete pipeline is found
within it (a reader is a complete pipeline), pipeline assembly is fixed
without moving on.  If null is returned from the action, only non-nested
fragments are assembled into the final pipeline.  You must take care to
ensure that a complete valid pipeline is assembled no matter what
different actions signal.  Remember also: actions along with matchers
and selectors are executed before generation begins during pipeline setup.

Geoff