cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Heise <rhe...@it.uts.edu.au>
Subject resolveURI on Windows problem
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:36:01 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to get a website going on the Cocoon 2.1 release under
Windows.

There are all sorts of errors that come and go whenever I recompile an
xsp page. One is:

org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException:
sun/reflect/ConstructorAccessorImpl

After looking at the source code, it suggests that this could be a
problem with the way windows handles case in filenames. Could this still
even be a problem in cocoon 2.1? I thought that was fixed.

I also get the same error with the class java/io/InputStream. The xsp
page that gives this error sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. If I
reload the servlet, sometimes that helps.

Another problem I've been seeing is that an xsp page sometimes comes up
blank in my browser. If I update the modification date of the xsp file,
then that fixes it.

The main difficulty, though, is that the server machine is out of my
control and is managed by the web hosting company. So I'd like to think
very carefully about what solution I would ask them to implement. Should
I ask them to upgrade to the latest snapshot version of cocoon?

Or should I ask them to upgrade tomcat? They are using Tomcat 4.1.18.
Maybe they just need to use a more recent version.

Thank you for any advice you can give me,

Ryan