cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Incremental Processing in Cocoon 2.1
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:57:51 GMT
On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 16:23, Hauke Ernst wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 14:04, Hauke Ernst wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > yes, this is how it worked for 2.0.3.
> >
> > The problem only occurs with 2.1. My configuration in cocoon.xconf is
> >
> >   <xslt-processor logger="core.xslt-processor">
> >     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
> >     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="true"/>
> >   </xslt-processor>
> >
> >   <!--+
> >       | Xalan XSLT Processor
> >       +-->
> >   <component class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl"
> logger="core.xslt-processor"
> role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/xalan">
> >     <parameter name="use-store" value="true"/>
> >     <parameter name="incremental-processing" value="true"/>
> >     <parameter name="transformer-factory"
> value="org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
> >   </component>
> >
> > Unfortunately, this does not lead to a streamed output.
>
> - How can you be so sure?
>

> One of my test-transformations applied on a huge dataset takes between 1
> and minutes. In cocoon 2.0.3, I can see that the output is delivered
> immediately, in 2.1 the output starts to appear on the screen after 1-2
> minutes.
> The pipeline is
>
>       <map:match pattern="renderhierarchicalfiletoc_xalan.xml">
>         <map:generate src="Testfiles/hierarchicalTOC.xml"/>
>         <map:transform type="xalan"
> src="stylesheets/toc_fromhierarchicaltoc2.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize encoding="UTF-8" type="html"/>

BTW, that "encoding" attribute doesn't exist.

>       </map:match>
>
> There is no sorting in the transformation which could prevent it from
> streaming.

ok, you might be right, though AFAIK nothing changed in Cocoon that
should prevent this behaviour. To be absolutely sure that it's Cocoon
who doesn't set the incremental-processing parameter, could you try out
using the attached transformer? It prints the name of the current thread
to standard output. If you put one such transformer right before and one
right after your XSLT transform, it should print out two different
names.

If you need more instructions on how to do this, just let me know.