cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <>
Subject Re: Reg exp validation with Woody?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 07:57:21 GMT
On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 02:00, Sonny Sukumar wrote:
> I'm looking for a solution to generate forms for every page of a checkout
> process on an e-commerce site, and so I started looking at Woody.  I realize
> it's a work in progress, but I figure if there's a sample of its use in
> Cocoon 2.1 (which I'm using), it might just be able to do the job.
> But I'm wondering if I can do field validation with it using regular
> expressions.

Yep you can. The following is taken from the "form1" example of Woody:

  <wd:field id="ipaddress" required="true">
    <wd:label>Please enter your IP address</wd:label>
    <wd:datatype base="string">
          <wd:failmessage>Invalid IP address.</wd:failmessage>

>   I looked at this Wiki page and the one it links to on
> validation syntax, and I didn't see anything about it:

It's documented over here:

just search for "regexp".

Bruno Dumon

To unsubscribe, e-mail: