cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSP in C2.1.1
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 05:52:39 GMT
From: "Christoph Strehl" <christoph.strehl@epost.de>

> Where do I get the patch you wrote for the JSP stuff in C2.1 / C2.0 ? Or
is
> it already implemented in the current Cocoon-distributions? If so I wonder
> why I cant get those samples to work with the latest distributions.
>
> About <jsp:include /> and <jsp:forward /> : Unfortunately my understanding
> of Cocoon and Tomcat is far too little to give it an attempt to fix it but
> wonder if the bunch of details given in the thread you mentioned (
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105967319200003 ) wouldn't be enough for
> someone with the knowledge to fix it within short time? I am just curious
> that Cocoon's implementation of such a sophisticated technology (JSP) is
> pretty weak and almost none cares about it.

It's true, that Cocoon doesn't care much about JSP as there are a lot of
other ways doing the same work without JSPs. You can use XSP, custom
transformers, the power of sitemap: aggregations, selectores, etc. JSP
support in Cocoon was added only to provide a migration path from legacy
applications and there's no a lot of people using it.

Another advantage of using XSP instead of JSP is that when you use JSP to
generate XML then it generates text which is then parsed to be transformed,
while XSP generates just SAX events and there's no serializition/parsing
overhead in the pipeline.

Regards,
  Konstantin

> Christoph