cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <Stefan.Pietschm...@inf.tu-dresden.de>
Subject Xindice 1.1b2 + Cocoon 2.1 - continued
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:07:44 GMT
hi and thank you again for all your help,

here's a little summary of how far I am.
(I want to use Xindice with Cocoon 2.1 and was told to use the embedded mode instead of using
the webapp...and I don't care as long as it works finally):

1) got xml-xindice from cvs
2) "build"
3) created new folder "xindice" with the following files from cvs/build:
    bin/*; dist/*, java/lib/*, config/*
4) set this folder as %XINDICE_HOME%
5) added %XINDICE_HOME%\bin to the %PATH% variable
6) added this to the cocoon.xconf (at least the parts that were missing)
    <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.XMLDBSourceFactory"
name="xmldb">
        <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl" type="xindice"/>

        <driver class="org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.embed.DatabaseImpl" type="xindice"/>
    </component-instance>
7) put the following files from the cvs/build into the cocoon/WEB-INF/lib folder (overwriting
older versions): xml*.jar, xindice-1.1b2,jar

Q1: so... well... since the XML:DB generator is to be deprecated and i couldn't even find
a XML:DB Transformer, so what else do I have to do in order to use the xml:db pseudo-protocol
as suggested?
i could hardly find any information about how to use it as well (like adding/deleting files
from the db - or is it just for requests?)

Q2: where will the db be situated with this config?

Q3:how can I start xindice automatically everytime i start tomcat?

again - sorry, I'm pretty new to this, so please try to be patient. i'm a nice guy :D

thanx again
stefan