cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "jcplerm" <jcpl...@ameritech.net>
Subject Re: EJB + Cocoon, "Best Practices"
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:56:06 GMT
I checked what I could find in terms of documentation and
code related to the Flow, certainly I am missing something
(is there is a document that clearly presents Flow from a
conceptual to a lower level?).

My objection is that so much emphasis has been made
in terms of using as much as possible the sitemap and
sitemap components, so applications are easily
maintainable, and all of a sudden I see this Flow
concept in which one really ends up burying the
page chaining info in Javascript.

Because that's what I see in the "form2xml.flow"
example: the invocation of "form2-display-pipeline"
and "form2-success-pipeline"
is hardcoded in the binding_example.js script.

That's totally the opposite of the sitemap concept.

I really don't know how this could be done, but
I would like to see that type of information
specified in some sort of pipeline too.

Sorry for my ignorance...

jlerm