cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Babeldoc
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:03:19 GMT
Bruce

Please post a URL for the project so that we can read further...

Thanks
Derek

>>> Bruce.McDonald@bankofamerica.com 18/08/2003 06:25:33 >>>
All,

I am an enthusiastic user of Cocoon (2.0, soon 2.1) and the project co-lead of Babeldoc. Babeldoc
is an EAI tool that some confuse with Cocoon. However they are dissimilar in function and
approach. The Babeldoc metaphor is the document/pipeline approach, which on the face of it,
is similar to Cocoon. Babeldoc does not propagate XML events through the pipeline, it propagates
PipelineDocuments. This is signicant as Babeldoc can process non-XML and, indeed, binary data.

I was wondering if there is an interest in my developing a Cocoon component to feed Babeldoc
pipelines. Babeldoc is licensed under the APL and links to non-viral libraries/code.

Anyway, thanks for you time.

regards,
bruce.