cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Cocoon Database samples not working?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:14:30 GMT

>>> TEdwards@civica.com.au 11/08/2003 08:05:01 >>>

I don't want to sound as though I'm stating the obvious but its caught me out a few times!

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Hohls [mailto:dhohls@csir.co.za]
Sent: Monday, 11 August 2003 4:00 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon Database samples not working?

Geoff

I definitely downloaded and used the JDK1.4 compatible
version - that is why I was surprised it wasn't working.
As I said, I have used 2.0.4 with JDK1.3 without any
problems - but I need to upgrade to 1.4 for other apps -
I cannot do so if Cocoon does not work properly.

Are there any pacthes or solutions for this problem?
Should I alert on of the developers?

Thanks
Derek

>>> cocoon@leverageweb.com 10/08/2003 08:50:11 >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to get Cocoon talking to a database on a new installation.
> At the moment, I cannot even get the Cocoon hsql database
> samples to work.
>
> The error message is:
>

> An error occurred
> The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
>
> Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()
>
> More precisely:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
> Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException:
> Could not get the datasource
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException:
> No valid JdbcConnection class available
>

> I am running:
>
> JDK1.4.0
> Cocoon 2.0.4
> Tomcat 4.0.4
> Windows2000
>
> I have seen previous posts on this topic on the mailing list, but no
> definitive solutions.
>
> Surely the Cocoon samples, at least, should work (as they seemed to do
> on the JDK1.3 version of Cocoon)?!

Make sure that the version of cocoon you are running is build with JDK
1.4 if you are running on JDK 1.4. There was (no longer true in 2.1) a
jvm version dependency because of changes in JDBC between the versions.

HTH,
Geoff Howard

believed to be clean.

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments, is confidential
to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally privileged or contain proprietary
and private information. It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received
in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system immediately.Any
views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with it are those of the
author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of Civica and do not create any legally
binding rights or obligations whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard
copy documents signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be concluded on
behalf of Civica by email. Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for any viruses and it ! is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if
any). All email received and sent by Civica may be monitored to protect the business interests
of Civica.

believed to be clean.