cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Cocoon Database samples not working?
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 15:35:52 GMT
Hi

I am trying to get Cocoon talking to a database on a new installation.
At the moment, I cannot even get the Cocoon hsql database
samples to work.

The error message is:

An error occurred
The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
says:

Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
  Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): java.lang.RuntimeException:
  Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException:

  No valid JdbcConnection class available

I am running:

JDK1.4.0
Cocoon 2.0.4
Tomcat 4.0.4
Windows2000

I have seen previous posts on this topic on the mailing list, but no
definitive solutions.

Surely the Cocoon samples, at least, should work (as they seemed to do
on the JDK1.3 version of Cocoon)?!

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.