cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sexton <jsex...@odshp.com>
Subject Re: XML-Based Reporting Application, Design?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:47:47 GMT

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Andrew Timberlake wrote:
> Just to drop an idea. If you are considering using servlets to abstract
> your business logic from Cocoon, why are you constraining it to servlets.
> Why not create standalone objects which handle the business logic and
> then you can call them from Cocoon, Servlets, Applets, Applications...
> Then you achieve the objectives you're looking for and have to write a
> simple Generator to integrate into Cocoon.

Yes, this is what I realized yesterday after reading the various posts
here and looking into the various tools.  In all reality, I would have
done it that way anyway, when it came down to specific coding.  But I
quickly realized that the various APIs and tools can all easily use
general objects.  We could easily construct everything from simple
servlets to web services to grids.

What a wonderful world!