cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: URLs being encoded WITH cookies enabled
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:15:15 GMT

there was a bugfix on the EncodeURLTransformer recently (exactly which
release slips my mind) because it didn't correctly encode on the initial
page.  It is possible that the fix causes your issue.  What version of
Cocoon are you using?

You can search bugzilla for the fix, see if it is the cause of your issue.
If so, submit a new bug report :)

-Christopher

|         |           "Sonny Sukumar"  |
|         |           <ahimsadesi@hotma|
|         |           il.com>          |
|         |           08/25/2003 03:25 |
|         |           users            |

  |       To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                       |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: URLs being encoded WITH cookies enabled

Good question, Joerg.  I was told by 1 or 2 other people on this list that
the EncodeURLTransformer won't rewrite the links with the session ID if
cookies are enabled.  Thus, they said, I could use <map:transform
type="encodeURL"/> at the end of all of my pipelines with impunity.  It
will
work when it needs to work, and do nothing when cookies are enabled.

So I tried it, and now I notice links are being rewritten even with cookies

enabled, both for Mozilla Firebird and for IE (IE is the most important for

us by far).

Anyhow, 2 other reasons I'd prefer URL/link rewriting not to occur when
cookies are enabled:
1.) It takes up precious time to parse a document and rewrite links.
2.) If someone closes the browser, the session is gone, whereas a cookie
still remains even after closing the browser and can be used to
re-establish
the same session, provided the session is still valid on the server.

I might easily have some misunderstandings here, which is why I've tried to

explain my current understanding.  Please point out any points on which I
have erred.

Sonny